Don’t miss your chance to save BIG on our End of the Year Honda Clearance Sale with Honda Mowers starting as low as $399.
If you lawn mower has seen better days, why not take advantage of these huge saving on Honda mowers. You’ll be happy you did when spring arrives next year!
Winter will be here before you know it. Here are some excellent tips for putting your lawn mower in storage, so that come spring it will ready to go!
How to Prepare Your Lawn Mower for a Long Winter Nap:
- Empty Excess Gas: Gasoline left in an engine for long periods of time tends to become “gummy” and can clog your carburetor. To prevent this, idle your mower until the tank is empty or add a gasoline stabilizer to the fuel.
- Change the Oil: It is best to do this while the engine is still warm, so a good time would be right after a final mowing or running out the gas.
- Clean the Air Filter: For foam-type filter, remove and clean with hot, soapy water. Before replacing, squeeze a couple tablespoons of clean oil onto it. For a paper filter, shake it gently or blow on it.
- Oil the Spark Plug: Remove the spark plug and pour a tablespoon of clean engine oil into the hole. Replace the plug and crank the engine a couple of times to distribute the oil.
- Clean the Engine: Wash off with water and remove dirt or grass clippings off the underside as well. Using an old paintbrush, clean the cooling fans and check the blade (If dull, sharpen or replace).
Properly storing your mower for the winter will get you off and running next spring. Suburban is a full service outdoor equipment business that helps to keep you prepared for every season.