It’s hard to grow any successful business without the right marketing plan and just like any other entrepreneur, you need a variety of promotion tools. Especially, if your business offers seasonal services. If you’re a lawn care or landscaping company owner, you need to think of marketing strategies that will bring you profit during off-season as well.
At Suburban, we believe that growing a lawn care business is a lot like growing a garden; if you don’t spend time nurturing it, your plants will not thrive. To have a thriving business, consider using some basic measures to make your business stand out!
Here’s 10 things you should consider to spring forward:
- Website – An online destination that’s practically a requirement for any business these days. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be extravagant. A simple one page design with a listing of your services and contact information will suffice. Mobile Websites with a quick click to call button would also be a great investment, being that this business is the poster-boy for mobile!
- Blogging and Social Networking – If you have a website, you need to promote it right. Start a blog and jump on the social media wagon like everybody else. Share what your company does best, offer specials and tips, and you’ll be surprised how fast and beneficial this online word-of-mouth strategy can be!
- Local Directories and Yellow Pages – Get listed on as many online listings as possible. Doing so will help your customers find you better!
- Business Cards – You can get a pack of 250 Avery Business Cards to print out yourself for @ $12-$15 or spend a little more to have them professionally designed. Place your cards around local stores that allow for this promotion.
- Yard Signs – Invest in some professional-looking lawn signs to display in front of happy customer’s lawns. You can offer them some discount incentive to do so.
- Magnetic Signs – Get your logo and basic information in plain sight, put it on the side of the truck, and you’ll have free advertising!
- Fliers and Door Hangers – Pass them out in neighborhoods that you service. You could even offer a special offer for first time customers. Also, make sure you include a detachable business card, so your customers can save it for a future action.
- Local Delaware Newspapers – These often free papers can reach a large audience and the cost per ad is generally reasonable.
- Direct mailing – Canvassing local residential areas is pretty cheap and connects you to customers you’d never otherwise meet. Conversion rates are around 1%, so figure 2,500 would get you 25 responses.
- Whatever you do, stay professional and friendly and this will take you far in this business. While you can’t buy referrals, you can ask loyal customers to pass your name on to others looking for your service and offer them some sort of incentive like a discount or free cut for every new client they send your way!
While this is the time of year most landscapers hibernate and refuel, taking the time to set new goals and resolutions may give your business that running start it needs next spring.
At Suburban, our goal is to keep you in business. Whether you are looking to purchase new landscaping equipment or need help repairing equipment you already have, we got you covered!
ALSO, don’t forget to join us at our 28th Annual Expo, Thursday, March 10th!
There will be huge discounts, refreshments, door prizes, giveaways, demo equipment, factory reps, close outs and more!