Safety Tips When Using a Honda Generator From Delaware’s Outdoor Power Equipment Experts
Don’t be left out in the dark.The best time to purchase a Honda Generator is before an emergency strikes. At Suburban Lawn Equipment in Delaware, we encourage all customers to understand how to properly use the Honda Generator.
Follow these tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Before using a Honda Generator it is important to read the manual to avoid hazardous situations and guarantee the proper use of the generator.
- Do NOT use a generator inside your home or business. Generators emit carbon monoxide (CO), which can be deadly if used in your home, business, or small areas (basements, garages). It would be ideal to install a battery operated CO alarm inside your home or business as an extra precaution from toxins.
- Utilize a heavy-duty extension cord. Make sure to never use an extension cord with visible wires. Heavy-duty extension cords that are specifically used for the outdoors are recommended.
- Avoid using Honda Generator in the rain. When used in the rain, there is a risk of shock or electrocution. We recommend waiting for the rain to pass before using your Honda Generator. If you cannot wait, it is crucial that you shield the Honda Generator from moisture.
- Turn off Honda Generator before refueling. It’s important to let your portable generator cool down before refueling. If gasoline or any other flammable liquid is spilled onto a hot surface, this could cause a fire.
If you have more questions pertaining safety tips when using your Honda Generator, contact us at Suburban Lawn Equipment of Delaware, “Your One Stop Shop For All Your Outdoor Power Equipment Needs” | www.sublawneq.com | 302-475-4300 | 302-998-7700