Any business that offers seasonal services needs to be equipped with tools that will ensure the most exposure, especially, during the off-season. At Suburban, we believe that growing a lawn care business is a lot like growing a garden. You need to nurture it, otherwise your plants won’t thrive.
Are you ready to take your landscaping business to the next level? Consider these 10 marketing tips that will connect you with more customers and bring you more sales!
10 Marketing Tips for a Landscaping Business
- Mobile Website – Having an online website for marketing purposes is a must these days for any business. It can be something as simple as a one page design listing your services and contact information. However, since a lot of potential buyers use their phones for making quick purchases, it is inevitable to make sure your website is mobile-friendly as well!
- Blogging and Social Networking – Your landscaping business doesn’t have a chance of getting to as many potential customers as it could have if only you engaged on social media in efforts to promote your brand. Your customers want to know more about you, so don’t be afraid to share, post, tweet, and simply have fun with it!
- Mobile Apps – They are user-friendly, cost-effective and another fun way to connect with your customers. You can customize a mobile app to your liking and brand functionality by adding features such as a loyalty rewards program, GPS, calculator and more!
- Direct mailing – Another successful way to reach more potential customers. Conversion rates are around 1%, so 2,500 would get you 25 responses.
- Local Directories and Yellow Pages – Customers will find you better if you are on as many online listings as possible. Think of Google and showing up on top of the search list.
- Yard Signs – Professional-looking lawn signs are a great way of showing your business side, especially when your former clients agree to display them in their own yards. Also, potential new clients will know right away what your business is all about – they can see results right in front of them!
- Magnetic Signs – Simply put your logo and contact information on the truck (as a bumper sticker) or on a side of the vehicle for free advertising!
- Fliers and Door Hangers – Believe it or not, some people still prefer to receive a paper copy of whatever you’re trying to sell! Get fliers and door hangers and pass them out in your neighborhood. Even better if you offer an incentive like a special discount for first time customers. Don’t forget to include a detachable business card for future reference.
- Local Delaware Newspapers – More on a traditional side of marketing but still effective and cost efficient when it comes to advertising.
- Be kind, work smart, stay humble. Engage with your clients by showing them you work hard, you appreciate their business and are excited to be connecting with them. After all, you want to build a long-lasting partnership, not to mention – friendship.
Winter is that time of year when you might be experiencing a slower business traffic, but it’s a perfect opportunity to try out new ways of reaching your customers! Before you know, spring will be here. Thanks to these marketing tips, you’ll be more than ready to ease into this busy season.
At Suburban, our goal is to keep you in business. Whether you are looking to purchase new landscaping equipment or need help repairing equipment you already have, we got your back!
ALSO, don’t forget to join us at our 29th Annual Expo, Thursday, March 9th!
There will be huge discounts, refreshments, door prizes, giveaways, demo equipment, factory reps, close outs and more!