What are the Advantages of Zero Turn Radius Lawn Mowers?
• They are faster ~ an average ZTR does 10 mph.
• They are easier to maneuver around obstacles and turning around.
• This easy handling decreases the chance of accidentally leaving unseemly ruts.
What mowers come in zero turn?
• Walk behinds, riding mowers, and surfers.
• They come in different widths.
How do they steer?
• There are two levers in front like an airplane steering. Each lever controls one back wheel independently.
• This gives you the ability to zero turn.
How long do they last?
• When properly maintained, a ZTR mower lasts about 3,000 hours.
• So don’t forget…fuel stabilizer over the winter, fresh fuel, air filters, and spark plugs.
What is the cost?
• For a new one, the cost ranges from $2500 to $15,000.
• Major brands, such as Exmark, Scag, and Toro, hold their resale value.
Walk Behind Mowers
• Walk behind commercial lawn mowers are a great choice for hilly properties that you wouldn’t want to risk flipping a rider mower.
• If the ground is soft, the machine is lighter and won’t sink in.
• They are very fast, productive, self-propelled and can trailer a sulky or velkie (a wheel the operator stands on—like surfing or water skiing.)
• Most brands come in a variety of widths and prices range between $2.500-5,000.
• Compare the top walk behinds
Stand-On Surfer Mowers
• Stand-on surfer mowers are fast and maneuverable in tight spaces.
• Their spring-loaded platform makes hitting bumps easy on the knees and back.
• Surfer commercial lawn mowers are safer on hills because you can jump off if you are unsteady.
• Price range is $4,000-6,000.