Whether it is a riding lawn mower or a manual lawn mower, this machinery is the probably the most frequently used piece of power equipment in your household. Therefore, appropriate lawn mower maintenance is crucial to ensure maximum efficiency and save you money.
So what can you do to properly maintain your lawn mower? Here are some tips:
Lawn Mower Maintenance Tips:
- Check and change the oil. Prior to fall storage you should change the oil every 50 hours of use to prevent premature engine wear. You should also be changing the oil filter as well to further prevent a build up within the engine lubrication system. Keep in mind that you should always use the recommended oil by the manufacturer for that particular model.
- Replace the air filter. We recommend changing the air filter every 25 hours of use per season. Why? Because the air filter prevents dirt and debris from entering the carburetor and/or engine.
- Check the tire pressure. Many people forget about the tires, but it’s important to maintain a consistent amount of pressure throughout each tire. Failing to do will results in uneven cutting leaving your lawn appearance in disarray.
- Sharpen the blades. Mowers blades endure a heavy amount of wear and tear throughout the season caused by rocks and branches and so forth. We recommend sharpening your lawn mower blade every season and replacing the blade every 1 to 3 years.
- Change the spark plug. This is a process that is relatively inexpensive and absolutely critical to ensure an easy start up. We recommend changing the spark every year in order to maintain your lawn mower for use.
If you need help with your lawn mower maintenance, contact the experts at Suburban Lawn Equipment. We Service everything we sell!