As the seasons change and the snow begins to fall, it’s time for lawn mower winter maintenance. With a little post-season preparation, your lawn mower will feel brand new when spring comes back around.
You should always store your lawn mower in a cool/dry area, and make sure you cover the mower to prevent wear and tear. But before you cover, you should follow these basic tips below to ensure proper winterization of your lawn mower.
Lawn Mower Winter Maintenance Tips
- Empty the fuel tank. If you let the gas sit in the fuel tank for an extended period of time, this could cause a clog in the carburetor. We suggest that you run the engine until the gas tank is completely empty.
- Replace the oil. Frequently changing the oil within your lawn mower will ensure a longer life sentence. Be sure to use the suggested amount of oil provided by the manufacturer.
- Charge the battery. During the winter months, it’s important to charge the battery every so often to prevent battery failure.
- Clean the mower deck. As an effort to prevent any rust from forming, you should always clean underneath the mower deck to remove any grass clippings.
- Sharpen the blades. It’s better to do this ahead of time, that way when spring comes you are ready to mow!
You May Also Enjoy:
If you need help with lawn mower winter maintenance, contact the experts at Suburban Lawn Equipment. We service everything we sell!
Your One Stop Shop For All Your Outdoor Power Equipment Needs!
Suburban Lawn Equipment | 1950 W. Newport Pike Wilmington, DE 19804 |