Did you recently purchase a new snow thrower and need some quick advice on how to use it?
Check out a few snow thrower operating tips, so you’ll be prepared to take on the snow this winter. Whether it is from a few inches or a blizzard.
Check Your Snow Thrower in Advance
Check the following before you use your snow thrower:
- Have the gas tank filled with fresh stabilized fuel, and the oil is filled to the proper level.
- Make sure to clear all foreign objects from your driveway or sidewalk.
- Wear appropriate clothing that will not get stuck on any parts of the machine. This would include gloves, safety glasses, and bright colored clothing.
- Read the Owner’s Manual to understand how to operate the controls.
Start the Snow Thrower in an Appropriate Area
Before you start, make sure the auger and drive clutch are disengaged. You will want to start your snow thrower outside or in the garage with the door open, so the fumes won’t be overpowering.
Many snow blowers now come with an electric start option, which requires an extension cord to be plugged into an outlet. Check your owner’s manual for extension cord recommendations.
Snow Thrower DON’TS
In all the excitement of operating your snow thrower, don’t forget about these snow blower don’ts.
- You do not want to leave a running snow thrower unattended.
- Don’t clean out the chute or augers with your hands or feet.
- You will not want to point the chute at buildings, cars, or people.
- Don’t refuel while the engine is on.
- You should not start the snow thrower in an enclosed area.
- Don’t use the snow thrower to clear anything other than snow
The best piece of advice when learning to use new equipment is to read the owner’s manual for more detailed explanations on how to operate certain parts and features. So, when the next Winter storm comes, you’ll be ready to get out there and try out your snow blowing skills.
Quick Tips on Using Your Snow Blower
Tips and Tricks for Preparing Your Snow Thrower for Winter | Suburban Lawn Equipment
With over 40 years in business, we are your one stop shop for all your outdoor power equipment. Our product lineup has a variety of new equipment from top brands including Toro, Cub Cadet, Stihl, Exmark, Honda Mowers, Honda Snow blowers, Honda Generators, Echo, Hustler Turf, Walker Mowers, Troy Bilt, Scag, Boss Snowrator & Boss Snowplows. We’ll always have something to meet your needs and budget.