Winterize Your Lawn Mower in Delaware
As the seasons change and the snow begins to fall, it’s time to winterize your lawn mower. With a little post-season preparation, your lawn mower will feel brand new when spring comes back around. You should always store your lawn mower in a cool/dry area, and make sure you cover the mower to prevent wear and tear. But before you cover, you should follow these basic tips below to ensure proper winterization of your lawn mower.
- Empty the fuel tank. If you let the gas sit in the fuel tank for an extended period of time, this could cause a clog in the carburetor. We suggest that you run the engine until the gas tank is completely empty.
- Replace the oil. Frequently changing the oil within your lawn mower will ensure a longer life sentence. Be sure to use the suggested amount of oil provided by the manufacturer.
- Charge the battery. During the winter months, it’s important to charge the battery every so often to prevent battery failure.
- Clean the mower deck. As an effort to prevent any rust from forming, you should always clean underneath the mower deck to remove any grass clippings.
- Sharpen the blades. It’s better to do this ahead of time, that way when spring comes you are ready to mow!
If you need help with winterizing your lawn mower, contact the experts at Suburban Lawn Equipment. Your One Stop Shop For All Your Outdoor Power Equipment Needs!
Lawn Mower Maintenance Tips Delaware
Whether it is a riding lawn mower or a manual lawn mower, this machinery is the probably the most frequently used piece of power equipment in your household. Therefore, appropriate maintenance is crucial to ensure maximum efficiency and save you money. So what can you do to properly maintain your lawn mower?
Follow these steps below to get started!
- Check and change the oil. Prior to fall storage you should change the oil every 50 hours of use to prevent premature engine wear. You should also be changing the oil filter as well to further prevent a build up within the engine lubrication system. Keep in mind that you should always use the recommended oil by the manufacturer for that particular model.
- Replace the air filter. We recommend changing the air filter every 25 hours of use per season. Why? Because the air filter prevents dirt and debris from entering the carburetor and/or engine.
- Check the tire pressure. Many people forget about the tires, but it’s important to maintain a consistent amount of pressure throughout each tire. Failing to do will results in uneven cutting leaving your lawn appearance in disarray.
- Sharpen the blades. Mowers blades endure a heavy amount of wear and tear throughout the season caused by rocks and branches and so forth. We recommend sharpening your lawn mower blade every season and replacing the blade every 1 to 3 years.
- Change the spark plug. This is a process that is relatively inexpensive and absolutely critical to ensure an easy start up. We recommend changing the spark every year in order to maintain your lawn mower for use.
If you need help with your lawn mower maintenance, contact the experts at Suburban Lawn Equipment. We Service everything we sell! SubLawnEq.com |302-998-7700